The DM-DGE-200-C Digital Graphics Engine transforms an HD or Ultra HD touch screen display into an advanced Crestron® controller. Featuring Crestron Smart Graphics™ technology, the DM-DGE-200-C provides for the creation of a completely custom graphical environment combining advanced controls for audio & video, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, and other functions with dual-window video display, annotation, audio feedback, and web browsing. Its low-profile, surface-mountable design allows for a discreet installation behind a flat-panel display, under a table, or inside a lectern or equipment rack.
Alternately, the DM-DGE-200-C offers an enhanced presentation and productivity solution for meeting rooms and huddle spaces using Crestron PinPoint™ UX technology. Without requiring a touch screen or any other controls or programming, PinPoint UX leverages the room’s display to create an intelligent meeting space seamlessly integrated as part of a complete Crestron Fusion® Cloud managed enterprise.
The DM-DGE-200-C features a 4K UHD capable HDMI® output for connection to the display device, and includes a USB HID port for touch, mouse, and/or keyboard input. Additional control ports are provided to enable control of the display device and other equipment.[1,2] A single HDMI input allows an AirMedia® wireless presentation gateway or other high-definition video source to be connected and displayed on screen. A DM 8G+® input is included to support 4K UHD and DCI 4K sources connected at a DM® transmitter or switcher. Additionally, H.264 streaming video signals can be received over a high-speed Ethernet connection. Ethernet also provides the interface to a Crestron control system, which is required for touch screen and OSM control applications.
The DM-DGE-200-C takes any meeting room or huddle space display device to a higher level, enhancing its usability while eliminating the need for any other AV or control equipment in the room. Built-in PinPoint UX technology works with Crestron Fusion Cloud and the PinPoint app to provide an intelligent meeting space that greets attendees with useful on-screen information and facilitates BYOD presentation without the need for a touch screen, button panel, or remote.
As attendees enter the room, the personalized welcome screen provides essential details about the current scheduled meeting along with simple instructions to guide presenters through connecting their mobile devices and starting the presentation. As the meeting progresses, gentle notifications appear periodically to indicate how much time is left in the meeting and what’s scheduled next for the room. Pop-up messages may also appear prominently on screen, sent from Fusion, in the event of an emergency or other important announcement.
With PinPoint UX, system operation is essentially invisible. Simply connecting a laptop, tablet, or other presentation source causes the video inputs to switch and the display to turn on (if not already on). Sources can be connected via a wired interface or wirelessly via Crestron AirMedia. The display can also be scheduled to turn on and off at set times.
The status of the display and any connected devices is reported to Fusion to enable monitoring and logging of equipment usage, and notification if a device is powered off or disconnected. Complete setup and configuration of PinPoint UX is performed through a simple web browser interface or through Fusion, with the ability to configure many PinPoint UX devices at once over the network.
Note: PinPoint UX may be used without Crestron Fusion Cloud to provide a simple standalone meeting room presentation solution with customizable welcome screen and automatic operation. PinPoint UX also supports direct integration with Microsoft® Exchange Server.
Touch Screen Interface
For traditional touch screen control applications, the DM-DGE-200-C pairs perfectly with a Crestron TSD-2220 HD Touch Screen Display to deliver a high-definition 21.5” touch screen control panel that’s ideal for home automation, corporate multimedia presentation, and command center applications. Third-party touch screens of varying sizes can be used with the DM-DGE-200-C to fulfill a range of control, collaboration, video display, and interactive kiosk solutions. The DM-DGE-200-C currently supports either Full HD 1080p60 (1920x1080@60Hz) or 4K UHD (3840x2160@30Hz) display resolutions.
On-screen menu (OSM) capability offers an alternative to touch screen control, enabling a fully-customizable control menu to appear on any TV or video display, with simple navigation provided using the same Crestron handheld remote that’s controlling the TV. A USB mouse may also be used. The DM-DGE-200-C delivers stunning menu graphics that pop up unobtrusively at the edge of the screen alongside the video image, letting you quickly adjust lighting and climate control settings, lower the shades, check security system status, and lock or unlock the front door without interrupting the movie or TV program you’re watching. Detailed alert messages can also appear on screen in case of a security alarm, doorbell, or other event. You can even pop up a live streaming camera window to see who’s at the door or coming up the driveway.
The DM-DGE-200-C uses Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information 
A power-saving screensaver that can display the time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
A consistent look and feel across touch screens of varying sizes
1. When using the PinPoint UX application without a control system, the onboard RS-232 COM port supports basic on/off power control of a single display device and the IR port is not utilized. The COM and IR ports may all be utilized for fully-customizable control applications through integration with a Crestron control system with custom programming.
2. When using the PinPoint UX application without a control system, CEC may be utilized at the HDMI output to provide basic on/off power control of a single display device. CEC may be utilized through either HDMI port for fully-customizable control applications through integration with a Crestron control system with custom programming.
3. When using the PinPoint UX application without a control system, if a DM 8G+ transmitter is connected, the transmitter’s input switching capability is limited to auto-switching mode and any control ports on the transmitter are disabled. Manual switching and control port functionality on the transmitter require a control system with custom programming. Control port functionality is not supported at all on a DM-TX-4K-100-C-1G transmitter.
4. Supports up to two simultaneous streaming video inputs with a maximum combined total bitrate of 25 Mbps. Streaming video input is not supported using the PinPoint UX application unless connected to a Crestron control system with custom programming.
5. When connected to a DM switcher via DM 8G+, the DM-DGE-200-C can obtain its LAN connection through the switcher but does not receive an IP address on the switcher’s private network. Thus, it requires an IP address on the customer’s LAN.
6. AirMedia wireless presentation support requires a wireless LAN and the addition of an AirMedia presentation gateway, model AM-101, sold separately.
7. Web browsing, weather information, and certain other functions require an Internet connection.
8. The maximum cable length for DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) is dependent upon the type of cable, resolution of the video signal, and capabilities of each connected device. Refer to the “DM 8G+ Maximum Cable Lengths” table for a detailed overview. Shielded cable and connectors are recommended to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. Refer to the Crestron DigitalMedia Design Guide, Doc. #4546 for DM system design guidelines. All wire, cables, transmitters, and other devices are sold separately.
9. The audio signal from any source connected to the HDMI or DM input is passed through to the HDMI output without processing, downmixing, volume control, or mute control.
10. The HDMI video input signal cannot be downscaled by more than 4x. For instance, a 1920x1080 source signal can be displayed no smaller than 480x270 pixels.
11. HDMI connections require an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.