SECTION 05 51 33.13
METAL STAIRS AND LADDERS
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Aluminum Heavy Duty Fixed Vertical Ladders.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Section 05 12 00 - Structural Steel Framing: Roof structure and opening support.
B. Section 05 55 00 - Metal Stair Treads and Nosings: Miscellaneous metal supports.
C. Section 06 10 00 - Rough Carpentry: Roof framing and opening support.
D. Section 07 42 00 - Wall Panels: Roof curb flashing.
A. ANSI A14.3 : Ladders - Fixed - Safety Requirements.
B. OSHA 1910.23: Ladders.
C. OSHA 1910.28: Duty to have fall protection and falling object protection.
D. OSHA 1910.29: Fall protection systems and falling object protection-criteria and practices.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01 30 00.
B. Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Preparation instructions and recommendations.
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
C. Shop Drawings for Ladders:
1. Plan and section of ladder installation.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Store products in manufacturer's unopened packaging until ready for installation.
B. Store products inside under cover until installation. If stored outside, store under a tarp or suitable cover.
A. Limited Warranty: Five years against defective material and workmanship, covering parts only, no labor or freight. Defective parts, if deemed so by the manufacturer, will be replaced at no charge, freight excluded, upon inspection at manufacturer's plant which warrants same.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Manufacturer: Precision Ladders, LLC, which is located at: P. O. Box 2279 ; Morristown, TN 37816-2279; Toll Free Tel: 800-225-7814; Tel: 423-586-2265; Email: info@PrecisionLadders.com; Web: www.PrecisionLadders.com
B. Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of Section 01600.
2.2 ALUMINUM FIXED VERTICAL LADDER
A. Aluminum Heavy Duty Fixed Vertical Ladder and Components: Ladder, fall arrest system, walk-thru, side rails, cage, rest platforms, floor mounting brackets, security doors, security gates and finishes.
1. Model: Model FLH-*** (*** = vertical height in inches) Aluminum Heavy Duty Fixed Vertical Ladder as manufactured by Precision Ladders, LLC.
2. Capacity: Unit shall support a 1,500 lb (680 kg) loading without failure, and individual treads shall withstand a 3,000 lb (1361 kg) loading without failure.
3. Performance Standard: Units designed and manufactured to meet or exceed ANSI A14.3, OSHA 1910.23, OSHA 1910.28 and OSHA 1910.29.
1. Ladder Stringer: 3 inch by 1 inch by 1/8 inch (64 mm by 27 mm by 3 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum tubing. Pitch: 90 degrees.
2. Ladder Tread: 2-1/4 inch by 3/4 inch by 1/4 inch (57 mm by 19 mm by 6 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum with deeply serrated top surface.
3. Ladder Mounting Bracket: 8-1/2 inch by 2 inch by 3 inch by 1/4 inch thick (216 mm by 51 mm by 76 mm by 6 mm) aluminum angle.
4. Fall Arrest System: Complete system with rail, sleeves, and harness to limit any fall to 6 inches (152 mm). Removeable Post for Hatch Access Ladders with Fall Arrest System. Harness by others.
a. Handrails: 1-1/4 inch (32 mm) aluminum square tube with rounded edges.
b. Side Rails: 42 inch (1067 mm) side rail extension for through ladder exits.
c. Flared: 30 inches wide for ladders with fall arrest system
6. Safety Cage:
Vertical and horizontal bars: 1/4 inch by 2 inch (6 mm by 51 mm) 6005-T5 aluminum flat bar.
7. Rest Platform:
a. Bar grating.
b. Platform Size: 30” inches by 48 inches (762 mm by 1219 mm) standard.
c. Toe Boards. 6005 T-5 aluminum.
d. Handrails: 1-1/4 inch (32 mm) aluminum square tube 42 inches (1067 mm) high.
8. Security Door: 0.125 inch (3 mm) 3003-H14 aluminum panel 84 inches (2134 mm) tall with padlock provision.
9. Security Gate: Hinged gate at bottom of cage with padlock provision.
10. Floor Brackets: Floor bracket at foot of each stringer, 3 by 2 by 1/4 inch (76 by 51 by 6 mm).
a. Standard: Mill finish on aluminum ladder components.
b. Optional Finishes
1. Powder Coated
2. Clear Anodized
A. Completely fabricate ladder ready for installation before shipment to the site.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
B. Examine materials upon arrival at site. Notify the carrier and manufacturer of any damage.
A. Install in accordance with approved submittals.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
END OF SECTION