A. Aluminum Extrusions: ASTM B211, Alloy 6063-T5, 6063-T6 or 6061-T6.
B. Fasteners: Fasteners to be aluminum or stainless steel. Provide types, gauges and lengths to suit unit
C. Anchors and Inserts: Use non-ferrous metal or hot dip galvanized anchors and inserts for installation
and elsewhere as required for corrosion resistance. Use stainless steel or lead expansion bolt devices
for drill in place anchors. Furnish inserts, as required, to be set into concrete or masonry work.
2.03 Fabrication, General
A. Provide CS fixed sunshades and accessories materials, sizes, depths, arrangements and material
thickness to be as indicated or as required for optimal performance with respect to strength; durability;
and uniform appearance.
B. Include supports, anchorage, and accessories required for complete assembly.
2.04 Sunshade Models
A. CS 300-4 Vertical Sunshade System.
1. Blades: 2” x 12” high, rectangular tube design. Blades shall be factory assembled to end caps
using stainless steel, type F, thread cutting screws through internal screw slots in blades.
Welding is not acceptable. Blades to be mechanically secured to allow for replacement in
case of damage. Fasteners to be hex head.
2. End Caps: 1/4’’ custom profile flat aluminum plate members, cut to match blade profile
3. Mounting Bracket:
i. Blades to be secured to steel “tabs” that are welded to the support steel tube. Tabs
are designed, supplied and installed by others.
A. General: Comply with NAAMM "Metal Finishes Manual" for finish designations and application
recommendations, except as otherwise indicated. Apply finishes in factory. Protect finishes on exposed
surfaces prior to shipment. Remove scratches and blemishes from exposed surfaces that will be visible
after completing finishing process. Provide color as indicated or, if not otherwise indicated, as selected
B. 100% Fluoropolymer Resin Powder Coat System complying with AAMA-2605-5 standards for gloss
and color retention. Finish thickness to be 1.5 to 3.0 mils.
1. Finish to allow zero VOCs to be emitted into facility of application or at job site.
2. Finish to adhere to a 4H Hardness rating.
3. Furnish manufacturer's twenty (20) year warranty for finish for gloss and color retention
B. Wood Grain Powder Coat Finish:
1. Pretreatment: E-CLPS Chrome Free five stage aluminum pretreatment system. Complies
with AAMA 2604 Superior Performance Standard and meets EPA, OSHA, State and Local
environmental requirements and contains no chromates, cyanides or other heavy metals.
Waste treatment is usually a simple pH neutralization and disposal to the sanitary sewer.
2. Allow zero VOC’s to be emitted into facility of application or at job site.
3. Bonded Sublimated Film Finishes: Wood finish use a polyurethane powder coat with ink
based wood grain patterns sublimated into the base powder effectively tattooing the
powder. The combined effect creates all the aesthetic aspects of real wood while offering
the same environmental advantages of powder coated finishes.
4. Custom color to be selected from one of (20) CS standard wood grain finish patterns.
5. Includes manufacturers 10 year warranty.
B. Three Coat Fluorocarbon Coating
1. Sunshades to be finished with a minimum 1.4 mil (0.035mm) thick full strength 70% resin, 3
coat Fluoropolymer system.
2. All aluminum shall be thoroughly cleaned, etched and given a chromated conversion pretreatment before application of the Kynar/Hylar coating. The coating shall consist of a primer,
a high Metallic color coat and a clear PVF2 topcoat. It shall receive a bake cycle of 17
minutes at 450°F. All finishing procedures shall be one continuous operation in the plant of
3. Manufacturer to furnish an extended 20 limited warranty for the Kynar/Hylar coating. This
limited warranty shall begin on the date of material shipment.
B. Two Coat Fluorocarbon Coating
1. Sunshades to be finished with a minimum 1.0 mil (0.025mm) thick full strength 70% resin, 2
coat Fluoropolymer system.
2. All aluminum shall be thoroughly cleaned, etched and given a chromated conversion pretreatment before application of the MICA II coating. The coating shall consist of a primer and
a pearlescent pigmented PFV2 topcoat. It shall receive a bake cycle of 17 minutes at 450°F.
All finishing procedures shall be one continuous operation in the plant of the manufacturer.