Publish your products
SUBMERSEAL®  - Watertight Joint System for Continuous Immersion in Chlorinated, Saline, Potable or Wastewater Environments
EMSEAL

SUBMERSEAL® - Watertight Joint System for Continuous Immersion in Chlorinated, Saline, Potable or Wastewater Environments

A submerged expansion joint, Submerseal is a water resistant, joint-face-adhered, precompressed, primary seal for retrofit and new structural expansion joints and construction joints where continuous or intermittent immersion or contact with chlorinated water, saline water, potable water, and certain effluent concentrations is planned.

Featuring an arched silicone-bellows sealing surface and backed by an integral, pressure-resisting impregnated foam backing, Submerseal provides a lasting solution to joint sealing applications where constant exposure to water is expected.

The system is comprised of precompressed, silicone-and-impregnated-foam hybrid sealant installed into field-applied epoxy adhesive on the joint faces with the silicone bellows locked to the joint faces with a field-applied silicone sealant band and corner bead.

Features

  • Watertight, tensionless, arched silicone bellows
  • Resists hydrostatic head pressure
  • Resistant to saline water
  • Resistant to chlorinated water (up to 5 ppm)
  • Resistant to certain effluent concentrations (contact EMSEAL)
  • NSF/ANSI 61 compliant
  • Non-invasive anchoring
  • Joint-face adhered
  • Bellows never under tension during joint movement

Uses

  • Swimming pools
  • Fountains
  • Water parks
  • Water features
  • Water tanks
  • Cooling tower basins
  • Waste water treatment plants (WWTP), etc.

Sizes

1/2″ to 4″ (12mm to 100mm)

[in 1/4″ (6mm) increments]

Movement

+25% and -25% (Total 50%) of nominal material size.

Color

Standard color is “white.”
Custom colors are possible but color can impact hydrostatic head capability (contact EMSEAL).

Technical specification
  • Unique ref.submerseal
  • Product familyWatertight Expansion Joints
  • Product groupWatertight Expansion Joints Horizontal Wall
  • TypeObject (single object)
  • Date of publishing2021-12-09
  • Edition number1
Related
  • Material mainSealant
  • Material secondaryFirm Foam
  • Designed inUnited States
  • Manufactured inCanada
Classification
  • BIMobject CategoryConstruction Materials - Waterproofing & Membranes
  • Uniclass 2015 CodePr_35_90_27
  • Uniclass 2015 DescriptionExpansion joints
  • CSI MasterFormat 2014 Code07 95 00
  • CSI MasterFormat 2014 TitleExpansion Control
  • OmniClass Number23-13 31 21 19 11
  • OmniClass TitleExpansion and Contraction Joints
  • CSI UniFormat II CodeB1010
  • CSI UniFormat II TitleFloor Construction

Region availability

North America
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba
Barbados
Belize
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Canada
Caribbean Netherlands
Cayman Islands
Collectivity of Saint Martin
Costa Rica
Cuba
Curaçao
Dominica
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Guatemala
Haiti
Honduras
Jamaica
Martinique
Mexico
Montserrat
Nicaragua
Panama
Puerto Rico
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Saint-Barthélemy
Sint Maarten
The Bahamas
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
U.S. Virgin Islands
United States