The G-1000 is inspired by Canada’s severe weather. Energy efficient and weathertight, it is constructed with long-lasting components, rigorously selected to give a flawless finish, both up close and at a distance.
Features and Benefits
• Pre-painted (5 coats), 0.60 mm thick aluminum is ideal for large-sized doors. Being very lightweight helps to extend the life of the components for doors with a large number of operation cycles.
• Stronger and more energy-efficientinsulation
• Solidly bonded to the aluminum sheetsproviding a section that is resistantto flexion.
• Sections are strengthened by 2 aluminumwalls joined together with mechanicalinterlocking joints which are more solidthan just two bonded walls.
• Their mechanical thermal breaks aremore efficient compared to thermalbreaks made with glue.
• Triple-contact joints provide 2times more weathertightnessthan those of the competition.
• Provide stronger fastening for hingesand struts. These 14-gauge plates are2 times thicker than 20-gauge platesused by other manufacturers.
WOOD END BLOCKS
• Provide a thermal break that is moreeffective than steel end caps whichform a thermal bridge.
• As structural elements of the sections,the kiln-dried pine wood end blocksare installed at the outer ends of thesection. They are stronger than insulationcovered with a steel cap.
LAG SCREW SYSTEM
• Provides much better fastening ofthe end hinges. The lag screws engage8 threads into the wood, compared toa self-tapping screw going through asteel end cap engaging only about2 or 3 threads.