SECTION 05 51 33.23
ALTERNATING TREAD LADDERS
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Aluminum Alternating Tread Ladders.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Section 05 12 00 - Structural Steel Framing: Roof structure and opening support.
B. Section 05 55 00 - Metal Stair Treads and Nosings: Miscellaneous metal supports.
C. Section 06 10 00 - Rough Carpentry: Roof framing and opening support.
D. Section 05 12 00 - Structural Steel Framing: Roof framing and support.
E. Section 07 42 00 - Wall Panels: Roof curb flashing.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01 30 00.
B. Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Preparation instructions and recommendations.
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
3. Installation methods.
C. Shop Drawings for Ladders:
1. Plan and section of ladder installation.
1.4 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Store products in manufacturer's unopened packaging until ready for installation.
B. Store ladder until installation inside under cover. If stored outside, under a tarp or suitable cover.
A. Limited Warranty: One year against defective material and workmanship, covering parts only, no labor or freight. Defective parts, if deemed so by the manufacturer, will be replaced at no charge, freight excluded, upon inspection at manufacturer's plant which warrants same.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Precision Ladders, LLC, which is located at: P. O. Box 2279 ; Morristown, TN 37816-2279; Toll Free Tel: 800-225-7814; Tel: 423-586-2265; Fax: 423-586-2091; Web: www.PrecisionLadders.com
B. Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of Section 01 60 00.
2.2 ALUMINUM ALTERNATING TREAD LADDER
A. Aluminum Alternating Tread Ladder and Components: Ladder, mounting brackets and handrails on both sides.
1. Model: Model AT Aluminum Alternating Tread Ladder as manufactured by Precision Ladders, LLC.
2. Capacity: Unit shall support a 1000 lb (227 kg) total load without failure.
3. Ladder Side Stringers: 3 inch by 2 inch by 1/8 inch (76 mm by 51 mm by 3 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum tubing. Pitch: 56 or 68 degrees.
4. Ladder Center Stringer: 10 inch by 1/4 inch (254 mm by 6 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum flat bar. Note: Neoprene trim adhered to front edge of center stringer to protect climber.
5. Ladder Treads: 1 inch aluminum Bar Grating, 9 13/16” (249 mm) deep by 9 7/8”(250 mm) wide on hatch-access models (11 7/8” (302 mm) wide on Walk-thru models).
6. Ladder Mounting Brackets: 5 inch by 1/4 inch (127 mm by 6 mm) aluminum flat bar
7. Handrails: 1-1/4 inches (32 mm) Schedule 40, 6005-T5 aluminum pipe provided with internal aluminum fittings.
A. Completely fabricate ladder ready for installation before shipment to the site.
B. Completely fabricate handrail components ready for field assembly to ladder before shipment to site.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
B. Examine materials upon arrival at site. Notify the carrier and manufacturer of any damage.
A. Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
END OF SECTION