SECTION 07 72 33
PART 1 GENERAL
Metal roof hatches with integral curbs.
1.02 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The roof hatches shall have a clear opening as shown on the drawings, and shall consist of an insulated cover and frame. Material shall be G-90 galvanized steel and have a factory applied coat of primer (.090 Aluminum H-14 3003, mill finish on aluminum models). Corners shall be fully welded and ground smooth. A gasket between cover and frame shall create a weather tight seal.
1.03 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. Examine units upon arrival at jobsite. Notify the carrier and manufacturer of any damage immediately.
B. Store units under roof, if possible until installation; or, if stored outside, store under a tarp or suitable cover.
The unit carries a limited warranty of 5 years against defective material and workmanship, covering parts only, no labor or freight. Defective parts, if deemed so by the manufacturer, will be replaced at no charge, freight excluded, upon inspection at manufacturer's plant which warrants same.
A. Under normal usage, the hatches shall require no preventive maintenance.
B. No "Spare Parts" shall be required.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
Acceptable Manufacturer: Precision Ladders, LLC, P. O. Box 2279; Morristown, TN 37816-2279; Toll Free Tel: 800-225-7814; Tel: 423-586-2265; Email: info@PrecisionLadders.com; Web: www.PrecisionLadders.com
A. PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
1. Cover shall be reinforced to support a minimum live load of 40 psf (195kg/m²) with a maximum deflection of .67% of the span and a 20 psf (97 kg/m²) wind uplift for galvanized steel (Model PH-G) and aluminum (Model PH-A) roof hatches.
2. Operation of the cover shall be smooth and easy with controlled operation throughout the entire arc of opening and closing.
3. Operation of the cover shall not be affected by temperature.
4. Entire hatch shall be weather tight with fully welded corner joints on cover and curb.
1. Formed from 14 gauge galvanized steel of lock forming quality per ASTM A-525 with G90 coating (.090 Aluminum H-14 3003 on aluminum models).
2. Sheathed with 1" of rigid fiber board insulation.
3. Height of 12" unless indicated otherwise on drawings.
4. 4" integral flange for securing to roof.
5. Hinges connecting curb to door shall be 1/8", 2 piece formed steel with 3/8" pivot pin.
6. Extruded rubber gasket within a 20 gauge extruded aluminum track shall be securely attached to the frame to make the unit weathertight.
1. Formed from 14 gauge galvanized steel of lockforming quality per ASTM A-525 with G90 coating (.090 Aluminum H-14 3003 on aluminum models).
2. Liner shall be 22 gauge galvanized steel with G90 coating (.040 Aluminum H-14 3003 on aluminum models).
3. Insulation between cover and liner to be 1" thick U.L. plain fiberglass 0.75# density.
4. Lid shall be reinforced as required with 11 ga. steel channel (.090 Aluminum H-14 3003 on aluminum models).
5. A one point cab lock is to be provided with a built-in inside handle on units with a length of 4' 6" or less. On units of greater length, a 2 point slam lock will be used.
6. Exterior of cover shall be devoid of hardware with the exception of the outside handle.
7. Outside handle shall be vinyl coated, steel T-handle.
8. Automatic hold-open device shall be formed from 3/16" steel flat bar and 1/2" diameter steel round stock with a vinyl grip.
9. Padlock provisions provided on both interior and exterior of unit.
10. Extruded rubber gasket shall be securely attached to the liner, thus providing a weather-tight seal.
D. PRESSURE CONTROL
Opening/closing assistance/resistance shall be provided with spring-loaded pressure intensifiers consisting of a telescoping tube; the top(outer) tube shall be 1 5/16",bottom (inner) tube shall be 1 1/2". Tubes shall be cadmium plated and chromate-sealed.
Corrosion resistant hardware and fasteners is standard.
F. MANUFACTURED UNITS
The roof hatch is a Model PH-G(for galvanized steel) or PH-A (for aluminum) followed by the opening size in feet and inches. For example: PH-G 2’6” x 3’0”
G. OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
1. Precision Safety Access Handrail, mounted to outside corner of hatch curb, to provide a fixed hand hold assist when entering or exiting the hatch.
2. Precision Extend-A-Rail, to be mounted to hatch access ladder, to provide a retractable hand hold assist when entering or exiting the hatch.
3. Precision Aluminum Guard Rail System with self-closing gate, mounted to exterior of hatch, to protect the roof opening.
The hatch is completely fabricated ready for installation before shipment to the site.
Red oxide primer OR Mill finish aluminum
J. SOURCE QUALITY CONTROL
1. All products tested in factory for proper operation before shipment.
PART 3 EXECUTION
Examine rough opening in roof for opening size and squareness.
Install per the manufacturer's installation instructions.
3.03 FIELD QUALITY CONTROL
The manufacturer has representatives in all areas of the United States and Canada. For the name of the closest representative, call 800-225-7814 or visit the website: www.PrecisionLadders.com.
END OF SECTION