How to specify Vario by VELUX rooflights
- Clear Internal - clear internal equals the daylight you get once the product is installed
- Structural Opening - the structural opening (hole in the roof) has to be +30mm larger than the clear internal for both the width and length
- External frame measurement - this measurement is +250mm larger than the clear internal for both the width and length
Example of a Vario by VELUX rooflight with the clear internal measurement of 2000 x 1000. The structural opening/"the hole in the roof" is 2030 x 1030 and the external frame measurement is 2250 x 1250.
Size - Fully customisable flat roof range
- Fixed & Opening rooflights can freely be configured between 250mm to 3000mm, with the max clear internal of 4 sqm.
- Walk-on rooflights can freely be configured between 250mm to 2000mm, with the max clear internal of 2 sqm.
- Each module of the Unlimited rooflight can freely be configured between 250mm to 3000mm, with the max clear internal of 4 sqm.
- Round rooflights can freely be configured between ø900mm to ø1350mm
- Fixed, Opening, Walk-on, Walk-on with Anti-slip modular and Round
- 2-layer & 3-layer glazing - all rooflights come with laminated inner pane
- The Round rooflight comes with a top-plate but upstand needs to be build by others
- Sun coating available
- Rain and wind sensor available
- Internal upstand surface and top - Waterproof plywood, waterbased white coating (RAL9010, gloss 30)
- External upstand surface - Waterproof plywood untreated
- Frame surface - Aluminium frame (5mm) with a durable powder coating of either Jet Black (RAL9005, gloss 30) or Traffic grey (RAL7043, gloss 30)
Find real-time prices and start your rooflight configuration - vario.velux.com/buildyourown
Technical values - find our glazing table with all our rooflight technical values under "Technical descriptions"