This stair solves:
Increase The Quality of Climb for Your End-User
Built for the commercial and industrial end-user in mind by implementing deeper treads, wider clear width, and easier angle of climb. The frame is built out of steel to ensure long-life durability. The stair is built out of aluminum to reduce maintenance costs because it is naturally corrosion resistant with minimal ongoing maintenance or upkeep compared to steel stairs that corrode over time. The aluminum stair is a third the weight of steel, so it is easier to install, requiring less equipment and any end-user can open and close. Aluminum is high strength and is used in planes, cars, trucks, buses, trains, and buildings.
With over 75 years of experience providing access solutions, we know the codes and are experts in this area. Units are built to meet or exceed ANSI A14.9 design criteria. Without the correct stair, there could be injury, liability, and loss of money, which puts companies' reputations and lives at stake.
Aesthetically Pleasing and Sustainable Materials
The standard aluminum components are mill finish and will not rust. You can paint the door of the unit to match your surroundings. In addition, aluminum is 100 percent recyclable and retains its properties indefinitely.
Key Details of Stair
SECTION 11 33 00
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Automatic electric disappearing stairways.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Section 05 12 00 - Structural Steel Framing: Roof structure and opening support.
B. Section 05 55 00 - Metal Stair Treads and Nosings: Miscellaneous metal supports.
C. Section 06 10 00 - Rough Carpentry: Roof framing and opening support.
D. Section 07 42 00 - Wall Panels: Roof curb flashing.
A. ANSI A14.9: Safety Requirements for Ceiling Mounted Disappearing Climbing Systems.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Preparation instructions and recommendations.
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
3. Installation methods.
C. Shop Drawings for Stairs:
1. Plan and section of stair installation.
2. Indicate rough opening dimensions for ceiling and/or roof openings.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Store stairway until installation inside under cover in manufacturer's unopened packaging. If stored outside, under a tarp or suitable cover.
A. Limited Warranty: One year against defective material and workmanship, covering parts only. Defective parts, as deemed by the manufacturer, will be replaced at no charge, freight excluded, upon inspection at manufacturer's plant.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Precision Ladders, LLC, which is located at: P. O. Box 2279; Morristown, TN 37816-2279; Toll Free Tel: 800-225-7814; Tel: 423-586-2265; Fax: 423-586-2091; Web: www.PrecisionLadders.com
B. Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of Section 01600.
2.2 AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC DISAPPEARING STAIRWAY.
A. Automatic Electric Disappearing Stairway and Components: Stair, rail, frame, door, drive unit, motor and controls/junction box, and finishes.
1. Model: Model AE*** (***=height in vertical inches) for stairs with ceiling heights of 7’-0” – 19’-3 3/4” (2438 mm – 4115 mm). Automatic Electric Disappearing Stairway as manufactured by Precision Ladders, LLC.
2. Capacity: Unit shall support a 1000 lb (453 kg) total load without failure.
3. Degree of Incline: 52 degrees.
4. Performance Standard: Unit shall comply with ANSI A14.9; Commercial Type, for a rough opening of 30 inches (762 mm) and Residential Type, for a rough opening of 30 inches (762 mm).
1. Ceiling Opening:
a. Floor-to-floor height up to 14’-0” (4267 mm) requires an opening of 30 inches by 72 inches (762 mm by 1829 mm).
b. Floor-to-floor height greater than 14’-0” (4267 mm) requires an opening of 30 inches by 84 inches (762 mm by 2134 mm).
2. Stairway Stringer: 7 inches by 0.230 inch (178 mm by 5.8 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum channel. Steel rollers at base of each stringer.
3. Stairway Tread: 6 inches by 20-3/16 inches by 0.225 inch (152 mm by 513 mm by 5.7 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum channel. Nonskid safety material at walking surface. Riser Height: 9-1/2 inches (241 mm) maximum. Clear Tread Width for Standard Width: 16-5/8 inches (422 mm).
4. Railing: Hand/guide rail 1-1/16 inches (27 mm) OD both sides, galvanized.
5. Frame: 1/8 inch (3 mm) steel formed channel. Height to suit total ceiling thickness.
6. Door Panel: 1/8 inch (3 mm) aluminum panel. Steel piano hinge.
7. Drive Unit: 1/3 horsepower (246 W), 115 volt instantly reversible motor direct-connected to a reduction gear drive, complete with contactors. Pre-wired control switches. Sealed ball bearing guides. Double 1/8 inch (3 mm) aircraft cable drive.
8. Finishes: Mill finish on aluminum stairway components. Prime coat on frame. Galvanized handrails.
1. Standard toggle wall mounted switch or key-operated switch (optional).
2. Battery backup power to open the stair in the event of a power failure (standard).
3. Warning buzzer (optional) sounds when stairway is in motion.
A. Completely fabricate stair ready for installation before shipment to the site.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. Do not begin installation until rough opening and structural support have been properly prepared.
B. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
C. Examine materials upon arrival at site. Notify the carrier and manufacturer of any damage.
A. Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and approved submittals.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
END OF SECTION