The G-5000, G-5138 and G-5200 are inspired by Canada’s severe weather. Energy efficient and weathertight, They are constructed with long-lasting components, rigorously selected to give a flawless finish, both up close and at a distance.
Features and Benefits
• 26/26-gauge, G60 hot-dipped galvanized steel with five coats of protective finish.
• Baked-on polyester paint. Can be repainted.
• Woodgrain finish on both sides of the door.
• Same quality of corrosion-resistant steel for interior and exterior faces.
HIGH-PRESSURE INJECTED POLYURETHANE
• Stronger and more energy-efficient insulation.
• Solidly bonded to the steel sheets providing a section that is resistant to flexion.
SEALED THERMO-PANE WINDOWS
• Optimize insulation and reduce seal failures with galvanized steel spacer technology.
• Ensure a long lasting and refined appearance with one-piece molded polypropylene window frame.
INTERLOK™ TRIPLE-CONTACT JOINTS
• Sections are strengthened by 2 steel walls joined together with mechanical interlocking joints which are more solid than just two bonded walls.
• Mechanical thermal breaks which are more efficient compared to thermal breaks made with glue.
• Triple-contact joints provide 2 times more weathertightness than those of the competition.
METAL REINFORCEMENT PLATES
• Provide stronger fastening for hinges and struts. These 14-gauge plates are 2 times thicker than 20-gauge plates used by other manufacturers.
WOOD END BLOCKS
• Provide a thermal break that is more effective than steel end caps which form a thermal bridge.
• Structural elements of the sections, the kiln-dried pine wood end blocks are installed at the outer ends of the section. They are stronger than insulation covered with a steel cap.
LAG SCREW SYSTEM
• Provides much better fastening of the end hinges. The lag screws engage 8 threads into the wood, compared to a self-tapping screw going through a steel end cap engaging only about 2 or 3 threads.