This stair solves:
Increase The Quality of Climb for Your End-User
Built for the commercial and industrial end-user in mind by implementing deeper treads, wider clear width, and easier angle of climb. The frame is built out of steel to ensure long-life durability. The stair is built out of aluminum to reduce maintenance costs because it is naturally corrosion resistant with minimal ongoing maintenance or upkeep compared to steel stairs that corrode over time. The aluminum stair is a third the weight of steel, so it is easier to install, requiring less equipment and any end-user can open and close. Aluminum is high strength and is used in planes, cars, trucks, buses, trains, and buildings.
With over 75 years of experience providing access solutions, we know the codes and are experts in this area. Units are built to meet or exceed ANSI A14.9 design criteria. Without the correct stair, there could be injury, liability, and loss of money, which puts companies' reputations and lives at stake.
Aesthetically Pleasing and Sustainable Materials
The standard aluminum components are mill finish and will not rust. You can paint the door of the unit to match your surroundings. In addition, aluminum is 100 percent recyclable and retains its properties indefinitely.
Key Details of Stair
SECTION 11 33 00
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Manual disappearing stairways.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Section 05 12 00 - Structural Steel Framing: Roof structure and opening support.
B. Section 05 55 00 - Metal Stair Treads and Nosings: Miscellaneous metal supports.
C. Section 06 10 00 - Rough Carpentry: Roof framing and opening support.
D. Section 07 42 00 - Wall Panels: Roof curb flashing.
A. ANSI A14.9: Safety Requirements for Ceiling Mounted Disappearing Climbing Systems.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
B. Manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Preparation instructions and recommendations.
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
3. Installation methods.
C. Shop Drawings for Stairs:
1. Plan and section of stair installation.
2. Indicate rough opening dimensions for ceiling and/or roof openings.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Store stairway until installation inside under cover in manufacturer's unopened packaging. If stored outside, under a tarp or suitable cover.
A. Limited Warranty: One year against defective material and workmanship, covering parts only. Defective parts, as deemed by the manufacturer, will be replaced at no charge, freight excluded, upon inspection at manufacturer's plant.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Precision Ladders, LLC, which is located at: P. O. Box 2279; Morristown, TN 37816-2279; Toll Free Tel: 800-225-7814; Tel: 423-586-2265; Fax: 423-586-2091; Web: www.PrecisionLadders.com
B. Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of Section 01600.
2.2 MANUAL DISAPPEARING STAIRWAY.
A. Manual Disappearing Stairway and Components: Stair, frame, stringers, treads, railing, and finishes.
1. Model: For ceiling heights of 7’-0” – 12’-0” (2134 mm – 3658 mm), model S1*** (***=height in vertical inches). For ceiling heights of 12’-1” – 13’-6” (3683 mm – 4115 mm), model S2*** (***=height in vertical inches). Super Simplex Disappearing Stairway as manufactured by Precision Ladders LLC.
2. Capacity: Unit shall support a 500 lb (227 kg) total load without failure.
3. Degree of Incline: 63 degrees.
4. Performance Standard: Unit shall comply with ANSI A14.9; Commercial Type, for rough openings between 27 inches to 39 inches (686 mm to 991 mm) and Residential Type, for rough openings between 22-1/2 inches to 27 inches (571 mm to 686 mm).
1. Ceiling Opening
a. Ceiling height of 9’-9” (2972 mm) or less requires an opening of 30 inches by 54 inches (762 mm by 1372 mm).
b. Ceiling heights from 9’-10” – 12’-0” (2997 mm by 3658 mm) require opening of 30 inches by 64 inches (762 mm by 1626 mm).
c. Ceiling heights from 12’-1” – 13’-6” (3683 mm – 4115 mm) require opening of 22-1/2 inches by 72 inches (571 mm by 1829 mm).
2. Stairway Stringer: 5 inch by 1 inch by 1/8 inch (127 mm by 25 mm by 3 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum channel; tri-fold design; steel blade type hinges; adjustable feet with plastic Mar-guard.
3. Stairway Treads: 5 3/16 inch by 1-1/4 inch by 1/8 inch (132 mm by 32 mm by 3 mm) extruded 6005-T5 aluminum channel. Depth is 5-3/16 inches (132 mm). Deeply serrated top surface. Riser Height: 9-1/2 inches (241 mm). Clear Tread Width for Standard Width: 18 inches (457 mm).
4. Railing: Aluminum tube, upper section only.
a. If ceiling to floor (or roof deck) above is under 12 inches (305 mm), frame shall be 1/8 inch (3 mm) steel formed channel, box.
b. When ceiling to floor (or roof deck) above is 12 inches (305 mm) or greater, the frame shall be 1/8 inch (3 mm) steel, 63 degrees (with built-in steps) on the hinge end, 90 degrees on the other end, custom depth to fill distance from ceiling to floor above. This custom frame will require a longer opening in the floor above than is required at the ceiling level.
6. Door Panel
a. Standard (non-fire rated) door shall be constructed of 1/8 inch (3 mm) aluminum sheet attached to stairway frame with a steel piano hinge. Door overlaps bottom flange of frame. Eye bolt accommodates pole for opening and closing door.
b. On fire-rated models, the door panel shall be constructed of 20 gauge steel and have a 2 hour fire rating for use in fire-rated ceiling assemblies as issued by Warnock-Hersey or other appropriate independent testing/licensing agency.
a. Steel blade type hinge connecting stringer sections. Zinc plated and chromate sealed.
b. Steel operating arms, both sides. Zinc coat with clear trivalent chromate.
c. Double acting steel springs and cable, both sides.
d. Rivets rated at 1,100 lb (499 kg) shear strength each.
e. Steel section alignment clips at stringer section joints.
f. Molded rubber guards at corners of aluminum door panel.
8. Finishes: Mill finish on aluminum stairway components. Prime coat on frame.
1. Steel operating pole to aid opening and closing stairways.
2. Stairs for ceiling heights 9’-10” – 12’-0” (2997 mm – 3658 mm) shall be equipped with a patented Precision Fold Assist to aid in folding and unfolding of sections. Stairs for ceiling heights 12’-1” – 13’-6” (3683 mm – 4115 mm) shall be equipped with 2 Fold Assists. Precision Fold-Assist is optional on stairways for ceiling heights of 9’ 9” and below.
3. Keyed lock for door (standard on fire-rated models, optional on non-fire-rated models).
A. Completely fabricate ladder ready for installation before shipment to the site.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. Do not begin installation until rough opening and structural support have been properly prepared.
B. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
C. Examine materials upon arrival at site. Notify the carrier and manufacturer of any damage.
A. Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
END OF SECTION